We are taking great steps to make sure that we can reopen and protect you, the client. In order to do that we are changing how we operate, and we need to work together to make sure we all stay healthy. Several of our team, their families, and our family of clients have conditions that put them at high risk. These measures are here to not just protect you, and your family, but also that we can continue to work. Most of these are normal practices in order to maintain our licenses, but we are redoubling our efforts for the health and safety of our clients and ourselves. Below is an outline of what to expect with your next appointment. We are all in uncharted territory, and we so appreciate your patience and support during this time.
· If at this time you are running a temp, showing symptoms, or have been in direct contact with someone that has been diagnosed, we respectfully ask that you communicate that with your professional so that that the two of you can come up with a plan that works best for both of you.
· On the day of your appointment, please check your temperature to ensure you do not have a fever. Our staff is also equipped to take your temperature on site as. Please be advised anyone with temperatures of 99 degrees or above must be sent home per state board guidelines.
· Our staff will be wearing a mask throughout your service. Please do the same. Ideally a mask that allows us access to the back of your head for hair service. If you don’t have access to a mask, please contact your professional and a mask will be provided for the length of your service. Please note; access to supplies is limited, please bring your own if at all possible.
· Please arrive at least 5 minutes early to your appointment. Upon arrival at the salon, please text or call your professional while still in your car, and stay there till she is ready for you. She will let you know when she’s ready for you to enter. Our team is scheduling time in between our clients to perform sanitation measures. We may not be able to see you immediately, but this will be time to sanitize before coming in, don your mask. Upon entering, please proceed to the restroom, and wash your hands.
· Please only bring those that have a scheduled service. We are working diligently with each other with our schedules to limit crowding. Our private rooms are definitely a plus in this situation. But to ensure this we ask that you make accommodations to come alone (or another family member can remain in the car/outside until your stylist is ready to proceed). We appreciate that it is sometimes difficult when securing childcare (especially with the kids out of school) or if your services are normally for yourself and a relative or child you care for. Your stylist/nail tech is devoted to working with you to make sure you and your loved ones are taken care of. In the case of an appointment for your child, or the person you care for, we ask that it be one child and one parent/care giver. If they are old enough or self sufficient to comply with our new guidelines and you feel comfortable with either waiting in the car or dropping them off for their appointment, that will help too. Just please communicate our guidelines so they know what to expect for their appointment.
· Once inside please wash your hands and feel free to use the provided hand sanitizer throughout your service.
· As a precaution, we have taken books and magazines out of the salon (they cannot be efficiently sanitized after each client). If you want to show your professional a picture, please have a picture ready on your phone. While you’re waiting for your service is a great time to get that inspiration pic ready!
· We have removed our self-serve beverages from our waiting area to ensure careful sanitation. If you would like a beverage before or during your service, just ask and we’ll be happy to get it for you.
· Upon entering your professional’s studio, please hang your personal items on the hooks provided to keep your things from unnecessarily being exposed to any contamination.
· We’ve always said that our private rooms are one of our best assets - now more than ever. To protect you and limit exposure to others your stylist/nail tech will keep their door closed for the length of your service.
· All of our studios have been equipped with sanitizing wipes, we encourage you to request one if you need to use your phone, or your professionals’ phone. We will be limiting our phone use during your service; we kindly ask you to do the same. This will limit additional surface that may become contaminated.
· We still offer several forms of payment for your service, but to limit handling of phones, cash, or check you can ask you professional for a touch-less payment. Please request this before your appointment or while you’re processing so your stylist/nail tech can have that ready for you.
· At the end of the service we ask that you take advantage of either the hand sanitizer or wash your hands before you exit.
We know that we are asking a lot of you, and these changes may seem extreme, but that’s how seriously we take our professions and your safety. We are eager to get back to taking care of you and your family again and we will do everything we can to make that happen. Behind the scenes our team are taking every possible precaution to keep you and themselves safe. We cannot say how much we appreciate your patience while we all navigate this new world, and we know we will get through this together. Thank you for taking the time to read this and help us reopen. We look forward to getting back to work and smiling to see you (even if it’s behind masks)!
Your Meraki House of Style Team
These guidelines are taken the Kentucky State Board of Cosmetology. To see the board's full list of guidelines we must comply with please visit their page by clicking the button below: